Caretaker/Maintenance Operative required across all school sites and our Children’s Homes.
As Caretaker you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, by ensuring our sites are well maintained and equipped to meet their needs. You will be quality focused, efficient, able to work at pace, and motivated to provide a safe, caring environment.
The Successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for carrying out Caretaker and general maintenance duties to provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Be responsible for the security of the buildings, as a registered key holder you will follow the correct opening and closing procedures of the buildings each day.
- Actively participate in delivery of FM services, applying relevant maintenance and cleaning skills, completing planned maintenance tasks, responding promptly to the resolution of maintenance requests reported, property inspections and health and safety checks.
- Provide porterage duties, including support with the set up/cleardown of rooms.
- Carry out regular patrols to keep the premises, grounds and carpark areas tidy, swept and hazard free.
- Be committed to support the ethos of the company.
- Be able to work effectively as an individual and part of a team.
- Be organised, adaptable and a good communicator.
Essential requirements for this position are as follows:
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Experience in general maintenance
- Hold a full Driving license