Wood End Lane is site for Key Stage 3 students, (Years 7 & 8).
Number of classrooms: Nine (9).These spaces are either used for small groups or 1:1 teaching and learning spaces.
Student capacity on the site: Up to 12.
Class size: Small group sizes of no more than five (5) students.
Co-Education: The site accommodates both boys and girls.
Mixed Ability: The site accommodates all ability ranges.
Peer Interactions: Peer interactions are encouraged throughout the school day, within group based lessons and at social times.
The students follow a differentiated, broad and balanced Key Stage 3 Curriculum which will prepare the students their exam choices in Key Stage 4.
Access to Intervention Team : Speech and Language Therapist; Music Therapist; Life Skills Coach; Mindfulness Teacher; Impartial Careers Adviser.
- Kitchen: All meals are cooked on site.
- Dining area: Students and staff share lunch times together so that we promote and demonstrate good social skills and manners.
- Medical Room: Dedicated room for medically examining and treating students and for the short-term care of sick and injured students, includes hand basin with a WC close by.
- Back Garden: A large secure playing field to the rear of the building.
- Sensory room: A small soft play room (Sensory), which is used for desensitisation or relaxation as and when necessary. This is equipped with sensory aids and is available for access by students from different sites.
- Music Therapy room: This is accessed by students from different sites.
- Small library: equipped with texts to suit all reading ages.
Wood End Lane is covered by CCTV cameras. For more information on our use of surveillance, please navigate to our CCTV Code of Practice Policy in the Privacy section.
Car parking space is very limited outside school sites and visitors are asked to take care when parking to ensure the safety of everyone arriving and departing. When visiting Wood End Lane you are allowed to park along the road, if the car park at the front of the building is full. Please be mindful of our immediate neighbours so that you are not blocking driveways.
Head of Site
- BA theology (Hons) Level 3 counselling.
- Team Leader
- Staff Representative on the Board of Governors
- Travel Training Coordinator
Arron has worked within the Spring Hill for several years.