At Spring Hill High School we aim to give our students a Compass For Life, skills and values which will be with them forever. We are passionate about the family social model which encompasses a caring, supportive framework that underpins our friendly, family ethos. We pride ourselves on our mission of giving every student the best opportunity to realise their full potential by building their academic, social and emotional skills, so that they can blossom as individuals. Our values underpin and motivate the high expectations we have of all our students and teachers in our school, whilst strengthening our relationship with parents/carers and our local community.
In providing a caring, nurturing environment Spring Hill High School aims to
- Recognise the worth, individuality and potential of each student;
- Give access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum throughout the school day and in the home setting where appropriate. (This will include the National Curriculum, at whatever level is judged to be appropriate to the individual needs, age and intellectual developmental state of the student)
- Support students to enable them to modify inappropriate social behaviours;
- Promote effective communication skills, using a range of approaches and techniques;
- Implement individual educational plans as a team, ensuring consistency across educational and residential settings;
- Prepare students for the transition from school into the wider community, and for the demands they will meet in their future lives by teaching practical, functional, vocational, careers and life skills;
- Develop understanding and respect for all cultures and enhance students, spiritual, moral and social development;
- Promote students’ ability to make choices and decisions, and develop leisure and recreational skills;
- Work in partnership, where possible, with parents and other family members;
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in activities in the wider community;
- To promote and respect British Values, the culture and religious principles of others and to challenge any form of discrimination;
- Promote equal opportunities.
Trust in your ability despite difficulties
Commit to doing the right thing. Never Give up!
Have respect for self and others
Keep yourself and others safe at all times